June 2022 bbq box recipes
Looking for the best way to make barbecue at home? This guide will walk you through all the steps in starting and cooking a delicious BBQ with your June 2022 BBQ Box!
Texas Style Smoked Pulled Pork
Grilled BBQ Burgers
BBQ Chicken Wings
TEXAS STYLE SMOKED PULLED PORK
This fantastic, smoked pork shoulder/butt creates the most tender, flavorful pulled pork. It is cooked slowly to achieve that rich texture and ultimate smokiness. This is a very easy recipe to prepare in advance that will wow your friends and family!
- Peach Paper
- Instant Read Thermometer
- Probe Thermometer
- 6 pound pork butt can use any size, just be sure to adjust cook time
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 4 tsp BBQ rub
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat grill or smoker to 225℉. Use your favorite Wood Chips/Pellets to add a smokey flavor to the pork.
- Trim the pork shoulder. Remove portions of the fat cap, and leave it approximately 1/4 of an inch thick. Then score the fat, cutting a grid pattern into the fat cap, cutting just enough to get through the fat to the meat.6 pound pork butt
- Slather the entire pork shoulder with mustard, as a binder¼ cup yellow mustard
- Evenly sprinkle the rub over the entire pork shoulder. Press the rub into the mustard before turning the pork over to sprinkle the other side.4 tsp BBQ rub
- Place the pork in the center of the smoker or the grill on the grate. Insert probe to monitor the temperature.
- In a spray bottle combine the apple cider vinegar and water. Shake to combine.¼ cup apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup water
- Smoke for 2 hours before opening smoker. At this point open and spritz the pork, continue spritzing the pork every hour until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160℉. This helps with the creation of the smoke ring and keeps humidity in the smoker.
- Once the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160℉ wrap using foil or peach paper. Place back in smoker to continue cooking.
- Cook until pork reaches an internal temperature of 195-205℉. Depending on the texture of pork you prefer will determine when you will want to pull off. At 195 pork is more moist but less tender, more string. At 205 pork is more tender, more chunky than stringy, but less moist. Any temperature in this range will yield great pulled pork!
- Once internal temperature is reached, pull from the smoker, make sure the pork is wrapped nice and tight. Let rest for 1-2 hours before shredding. Store in a clean empty cooler, or in a turned off oven.
GRILLED BBQ BURGERS
Homemade BBQ Burgers are easy to make and are grilled to perfection. Kick your daily burger up a notch with the addition of a sweet, smoky BBQ flavor! This recipe is a crowd-pleaser and is sure to impress your family with its flavor, texture, and presentation.
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 3 tbsp onion diced
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce plus more for brushing
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp BBQ rub
- hamburger buns for serving
- Sliced cheese, lettuce, tomato, and your favorite burger toppings for serving
- In a large bowl, mix all burger ingredients together until just combined.1½ pounds ground beef, 2 cloves garlic, 3 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp BBQ rub
- Shape the meat into 4 equal-sized patties. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each patty.
- Grill the burgers over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, until they reach your desired doneness. Use your favorite Wood Chips/Pellets to add a smokey flavor to the burger.
- During the last minute of cooking, brush the tops of the burgers with a little more barbecue sauce. If topping the burgers with cheese, add the cheese and allow it to slightly melt.2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Remove the burgers from the grill and allow them to rest for a few minutes. Serve on buns with your favorite toppings and enjoy.hamburger buns, Sliced cheese, lettuce, tomato, and your favorite burger toppings
BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
BBQ Chicken Wings taste amazing and are so easy to make. They can be made in mere minutes on the grill or even inside an oven! This dish is perfect for any occasion – enjoy it during a barbecue with friends and family, as part of your dinner party menu, or just snack away some time by yourself. So go ahead give them a try!
- 2 pounds chicken wings split & tips removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (350°F).
- Place seasoned and oiled wings on the grill and cook for about 20-22 minutes flipping occasionally. Wings can be basted with sauce during the last 2-3 minutes.
- Baste the wings with BBQ sauce for the last 2-3 minutes.